About Me

My photo
As a little girl I would make dresses out of pillow cases and colour them with crayola markers, spend hours scribbling shoes and dreamed of working in the fashion industry, not much has changed since then. Im studying at Limerick School of Art and Design which I love,in my third year of fashion design. My favourite designers at the moment are Haider Rick Owens, Hussein Chalayan,Iris Van Herpen,Stella McCartney,Steffie Christaens , Gareth Pugh and Anne Sophie Madsen (and the list goes on and on and on!). I am driven and excited about fashion and look forward to the future.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Alexander McQueen

Its very hard to believe that fashion lost McQueen just a little over a year ago. Looking at the spring/ summer collection designer Sarah Burton has done a fantastic job at keeping his name alive. The collection is still very much McQueen, however it is slighty different which is expected.
 The designs play with the shape of the body, tiny sinched in waists are emphasised by morphed hip lines that create a sexy hour galss silhouette. There are loads of interesting textures. Some garments are stiff and remind me of traditional Mongolian dresses. I really like the laser cut pieces, I want a laser cutter thingy!! There is wonderful movement in the whole collection, feathers shimmy down the runway and flirt with the audience.The hair is beautiful and really compliments the collection. The music sounds like something from the Kill Bill sound track and I love Kill Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment