About Me

My photo
As a little girl I would make dresses out of pillow cases and colour them with crayola markers, spend hours scribbling shoes and dreamed of working in the fashion industry, not much has changed since then. Im studying at Limerick School of Art and Design which I love,in my third year of fashion design. My favourite designers at the moment are Haider Rick Owens, Hussein Chalayan,Iris Van Herpen,Stella McCartney,Steffie Christaens , Gareth Pugh and Anne Sophie Madsen (and the list goes on and on and on!). I am driven and excited about fashion and look forward to the future.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Royal Wedding

There is no dening the fact that Kate  Middleton looked absolutly breathtaking. Her dress was simple and elegant but made a dramatic statment. Sarah Burton has made history. I think her inspiration was taken from Grace Kellys wedding dress, the two are very similar. Her vail made her look like an angel. I admire how calm and composed she was for the whole ceremony.
I would never of invited the thought of a white bridesmaid dress, but wow this really works. I adore Pippa Middletons dress. I love the button detailing down the back, the cowl neck, the capped sleeves and the understated cut of the dress. Both dresses will be copied for many years ahead.
With Kate after losing a lot of weight coming up to the wedding, I think sometimes she can look older than her 28 years. However I think in the post ceremony dress, she looks young, still elegant but ready to party. 
 
I can sense that the military is going to be a source of inspiration over the next few seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment