About Me

My photo
As a little girl I would make dresses out of pillow cases and colour them with crayola markers, spend hours scribbling shoes and dreamed of working in the fashion industry, not much has changed since then. Im studying at Limerick School of Art and Design which I love,in my third year of fashion design. My favourite designers at the moment are Haider Rick Owens, Hussein Chalayan,Iris Van Herpen,Stella McCartney,Steffie Christaens , Gareth Pugh and Anne Sophie Madsen (and the list goes on and on and on!). I am driven and excited about fashion and look forward to the future.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

When Muted Met Bright.

The aim of this project was to get a better understanding of colour. Each student had to choose 2 contrasting words at random, I choose muted and bright. I had to look for colour stories that communicated each word and extract colours from each picture using as much different media as possible eg. markers, paper, make-up etc.After exploring each word through colour I had to mix the different themes and come up with 2 new colour stories.



Muted
Tearing cotton wool, cord and sugar paper to create soft muted tones.

Tracing paper gives the page a muted look.

Using an old holiday photo as a colour story. Here I choose organza for a delicate feel.

Different media creates an interesting version of this colour story.

Magazine pulls, fabrics and paper.


Bright
I chooses acid brights.

Extracting colours from magazine pulls.

Using old shopping bags for colour stories.

Looking at how artist/ photographer David LaChapelle uses colour.

Yayoi Kusama colourful work.


Colour Story 1
Colour story 1. Muted with a hint of bright.

Colour Story 2
Colour story 2. Bright with a hint of muted.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment